Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Open your packet of tofu and drain out the excess liquid. Using clean hands, break chunks off the tofu to create bite sized pieces. Add into a bowl along with the corn starch, salt and pepper and toss well to coat.
2. Spread the tofu out onto a lined baking tray, ensuring each piece does not touch or overlap. Spray generously with any neutral oil and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy. Alternately you can also air-fry in batches or if you prefer to deepfry, feel free to do that too. Note: Make sure you don’t overcook these in the oven as they will became way too hard/stale.
3. In the meantime, fry the garlic and ginger in a splash of oil over medium heat. Add in the orange juice, sugar, soy sauce and vinegar. Stir well and cook for 1 minute.
4. Mix the water and corn starch together then pour it into the pan. Allow mixture to bubble, stirring frequently until thickened.
5. Add in the baked tofu and stir well to coat in the sauce.
6. Transfer onto a plate and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. Enjoy immediately!